Make a claim

 I love music and more specifically K-pop. I also use social media at an unhealthy amount. Therefore I read about people talking about BTS a world-famous kpop band and the inevitable comparison to European boybands, usually The Beatles or One Direction. I never found these comparisons anything. I just thought that it was bloggers saying things to get clicks.

Then I read two tweets about how these comparisons really shouldn't be made. The first was that BTS was only being overlooked because it was marketed to teenage girls and if it was market to adult men it's all that would be shown on the market. Which got me thinking, The Beatles are currently marketed to people who grew up with the band as teenagers and being who complain on Tumblr and Reddit that they were born in the wrong generation. So while I could still see how people could compare the bands I started to disagree.

BTS 'Dynamite' music video details and references explained - Insider
BTS (L-R V, Suga, Jin, Jungkook, Rm, Jimin, Jhope.)

Then I saw a second tweet shortly after BTS released their first fully English single. People were celebrating because the song had was breaking all kinds of records and most fans were hoping BTS would perform at the Grammy's. Then I saw the Tweet, it was something along the lines of, "No, you can't compare BTS to The Beatles, they never had to release a song in a different language to get on award shows." This really caused me to think about what BTS had gone through just to get a performance that they didn't have to share with another performer like last year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Education Fact

Wrestling was first sport.

Introduction